Company Seeking Certification FAQ
- Q: How does a company apply for certification?
A: The company should complete the online application on this web site and submit it to the Kansas Department of Commerce.
The company must:
- Complete and submit the online application on this web site.
- Upload required supporting documents.
- Remit $500 Application Fee payment.
- Q: What are the certification requirements?
A: The companies should reflect the following criteria:
- The business has a reasonable chance of success and potential to create measurable employment within Kansas.
- In the most recent tax year of the business, annual gross revenue was less than $5,000,000.
- Businesses that are not Bioscience businesses must have been in operation for less than 5 years; bioscience businesses must have been in operation for less than 10 years.
- The business has an innovative and proprietary technology, product, or service.
- The existing owners of the business have made a substantial financial and time commitment to the business.
- The securities to be issued and purchased are qualified securities.
- The company agrees to adequate reporting of business information to Commerce.
- The ability of investors in the business to receive tax credits for cash investments in qualified securities of the business is beneficial, because funding otherwise available for the business is not available on commercially reasonable terms.
- Q: What happens if Commerce does not accept our application.
- A: If your application is not accepted, you will have the opportunity to re-apply within 90 business days.
- Q: Who will see the information I submit?
- A: The information in your application will be reviewed by Commerce. If your application is accepted, your company contact information will be made available to Kansas-based angel investors who participate in our program and seek the Kansas Angel Investor Tax Credit.
- Q: Will I be able to speak to the angel investors directly?
- A: If your application is accepted and your contact information is posted, they may contact you directly.
- Q: Who should I talk to if I have additional questions about Kansas Angels?
- A: You should contact Commerce by phone at (785) 296-6007 or via email email@example.com.
IN THIS SECTION