KANSAS ANGEL INVESTORS TAX CREDIT (KAITC) PROGRAM
The KAITC Program is administered by the Kansas Department of Commerce and designed to bring together accredited angel investors with qualified Kansas companies seeking seed and early stage investment.
EFFECTIVE 2016 – PLEASE READ!!
The following policies for the Kansas Angel Investors Tax Credit (KAITC) Program will be effective for 2016:
- Applications will be accepted online beginning Monday, January 18, 2016
- Investment made to a qualified Kansas business prior to written approval of award of tax credits by Commerce will NOT be eligible for tax credits
- An LLC or any other permitted entity investor must provide documentation that demonstrates it was established and is operated for the sole purpose of making investments in other entities per K.S.A. 74-8132(g)
- An agreement between the qualified Kansas business and Commerce must be signed prior to issuance of tax credits
- Nonrefundable application and registration fees will be assessed beginning in 2016 per K.S.A. 74-8133(f)
- Applications and tax credit certificate issuance requests will not be processed until the associated fees are received by Commerce
- The fee schedule for 2016 is as follows:
- $250 application fee (assessed to companies that apply for designation as a qualified Kansas business)
- $50 registration fee (assessed to investors or the transferees of investors requesting the issuance of Kansas tax credit certificates)
Please contact Kansas Department of Commerce staff with any questions.
Brett Sayre, Program Manager, 785.296.5418 or email@example.com
Wendi Lucero, Program Support, 785.296.6007 or firstname.lastname@example.org