To be considered for the Kansas Angel Investor Tax Credit program, Kansas companies must:
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload an executive summary, business plan, company financials and Articles of Incorporation.
- Remit $750 Application Fee to the Kansas Department of Commerce.
- The business has a reasonable chance of success and potential to create measurable employment within Kansas.
- In the most recent tax year of the business, annual gross revenue was less than $5,000,000.
- Businesses that are not Bioscience businesses must have been in operation for less than 5 years; bioscience businesses must have been in operation for less than 10 years.
- The business has an innovative and proprietary technology, product, or service.
- The existing owners of the business have made a substantial financial and time commitment to the business.
- The securities to be issued and purchased are qualified securities.
- The company agrees to adequate reporting of business information to the Kansas Department of Commerce.
Commerce will only consider a Kansas company for certification.
IN THIS SECTION